Today's blog is dedicated to Dr. Mary Morris who passed away Friday, September 30, 2005.
May she enjoy her eternal rest in Heaven, where there will no longer be the pain and suffering she endured here on earth.
The following is a poem by Alfred Lord Tennyson:
Sunset and Evening Star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,
But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the
boundless deep
Turns again home.
Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;
For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crossed the bar.

2 Comments:
Hey chickadee...your blog is great and I appreciate the poem that you added for Mary. This has been a tough week, but I am making it :) God is good, all the time!
I know this week has been from Hell... (can I say Hell on a blog?) I am a huge fan of Tennyson and this poem has always made me feel comfort during the pain of loss. I am glad you enjoyed it.
Post a Comment
<< Home